Find Your Interest Product
- Magnesium ore processing machine
- Quartz powder machinery made in germany
- Project report on crusher unit
- Crusher comparison between sandvik and terex
- Granite crushing plant for sale cheap
- Gyratory crusher present price list of 500 tons per hour
- Crusher and Mill For Ore crushing <1 mm
- Alat crusher galian di Indonesia
- Ferrochromium slag processing crusher
- World best plc base ball mill for iron fines
- Device to mill clay
- Copper mineral processing costs
- Second hand mobile crushers
- Setting for aggregate crusher
- Impact hammer mill calcium carbonate
Request Machine Pricing
How many types of casting machines for ferroalloys production
A device used for the mechanized casting of molten metal to produce ingots and of matte and certain slags produced in nonferrous metallurgy.
The belt-type casting machine, which is used for casting pig iron, is an inclined conveyor of two parallel endless chains, with attached molds. Each mold overlaps the adjacent mold in order to prevent the molten metal from spilling into the spaces between them. A ladle at the lower end of the machine is tilted and molten metal flows into the molds through a spout. The pig iron in the molds then passes through a cooling zone, where it is sprayed with water. When the chains pass over the sprockets at the top of the conveyor, the molds are inverted and the pigs, or ingots of hardened pig iron, slide along a chute onto flatcars or trucks. As the inverted empty molds move in the opposite direction, they are blown with steam and sprayed with milk of lime. A single iron ingot usually weighs 45 kg. Belt-type casting machines are also used for casting ferroalloys, nonferrous metals, and slags in nonferrous metallurgy.
Rotary casting machines are also used in nonferrous metallurgy. They consist of rotating tables with molds, into which molten metal is poured through a spout. The metal hardens as the table rotates and the resulting ingots are ejected when the molds are inverted.
The decision to set up a copper casting machine was take n when Ferroatlantica went into the chemical-grade silicon market. The objective was to cast a thin layer (a bout 10/15 mm thick), to solidify this quickly, and not to use fines since they pollute part of the metal. T hus, a very pure and homogeneous metal would be obtained both in its liquid and solid states. Therefore, we got in touch with Dr. Anton More, who has a patent on this system and who had had previous experience with it when he worked for the Wacker-Chemie company in Germany before his retirement. Ferroatlantica I+D, the R&D company of the Ferroatlantica Group, reached an agreement with him, and the design for a machine wh ich would allow for the casting of all of the factory production was begun. This machine would also cast at different layer thicknesses and so cater not only for the chemical market, which requires thin layers, but also the aluminium one with thicker layers.
The casting machine has been designed with enough cap acity to cast all the production of the plant at a casting speed of around 150 kg/min. At Ferroatlantica (I+D), we have carried out, and are continuing to do so, many studies and improvements with the object of achieving the most automatic and safest installation possible. The machine has been running at normal production level since some months ago, and although we have still not reached the full level of casting from the three furnaces, our customers are being supplied with products cast using it.
Other Crushing and Grinding Equipment
- Small screeners manufacturers,Vibrating screen manufacturers,Pirce of vibrating screen sale
- Impact Ballast Crusher
- Ball mills cost india
- Laterite uses in beneficiation crusher
- Crawler mobile crusher for tin ore processing in indonesia
- Pulverizer machine manufacturers in hyderabad,Pulverizer machine cost,Pulverizer machine prices for sale in india
- Alat crusher galian di Indonesia
- Stone Crushing Machine Price in Zambia, Manufacturers, Cost For Sale in Zambia
- Cone Crusher and ball mill used in canada copper-gold ore mining processing
- Terrazzo chips crushing machine
In order to recommend you the most suitable plant, you are kindly requested to tell us the below information:
1 what kind of stone do you want to crush?
2 what is the material size before crushing?
3 what is the final product size do you want?
4 what is the capacity you want tons per hour?
5 what will you do with the final products?